Monday, January 5, 2009

22 and counting

This year I experienced my best birthday ever! I finally realized that this is home. I've decided to let go of people who hold me back, manitoba, and england, and begin to embrace this place called alberta...which may be the best place i've lived so far! I have the most amazing friends who showed their love for me on my birthday!
It started out when 3 of my closest friends showed up with gifts in one hand and a bottle of rum in the other exclaiming 'LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!' We each helped ourselves to the classy drink of rum and coke(generous on the rum!) and painted our nails, finishing our make-up and catching up on our holiday stories. After our nails were dry, our hair was sprayed, and our cups were emptied we headed to Julios Barrio, this mexican restaurant, to meet some more friends! Julio's was pretty quiet considering it was a friday night, so fortunately for us, our waiter was very dedicated and good for many laughs! Highlights of Julios include: Tequilla shots with sparklers, random lady from across the room doing a little birthday dance just for me, Baja Rose, and of course my beloved fajitas!
My gifts included:

'Ultimate Damsel in Distress Kit and Manuel'. Which included booster cables (since everyone knows my car history), Lipgloss, Flashlight and Batteries, and of course Scope. These four gifts were accompanied with a homemade booklet with directions for all their uses, all in which to pick up boys.
Bumble and Bumble Hairspray, which coincidentally i've just ran out of.
Many months worth of starbucks gift cards!
Boy do my friends know me or what!
After Julios, we headed to dion's place and had soem fun with the wii and chit chatting. All in all this birthday recieves 5 out of 5 stars! Thanks for a memorable night girls!!












2 comments:

Agnes said...

It's great to hear how happy you are.I hope there are some of us Manitobans that don't drag you down.Missed you in the hot tub in Fargo.Maybe Easter again???Have a fantastic year.Jan 26 Chinese New Year-eat some long noodles for a long life!!We are going out with the other families with Chinese kids for supper on the 25th.
Agnes

victoria danielle said...

awe jackiieee. im so glad you finally found where you are supposed to be.
you have been blessed with the most amazing friends who love you and understand you and no matter how much i miss you, i wouldnt ever wish you would leave..
i love you lots, and hope that things only get better for you.
because you deserve the absolute best!!
and yes.. i know i say this many times. but i WILL come visit you in the year 2009! yayy haha.
love love love you... <3