Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Traditions


This year i was sad I didn't have any traditions.


I remember every year growing up.... turkey dinner followed by the candlelight light service christmas eve, followed by dad reading(until we were old enough to read ourselves and pass the bible around) the christmas story in Luke, then we'd open our presents. Always accompanied with my parents secret punch with floating ice cream and maraschino cherries! Then christmas morning we'd have to the full gospel chaple youth centre for our massive penner family gathering. These have many fabulous memories, some including my male cousins kicking holes in the moving walls in the basement, one cousin stealing all the 'exit' signs, running around in the basement, excellent old fashioned mennonite soups, singing to grandma and grandpa to recieve our cheques, and then we'd go home and my cousin jolene would come over for night and we'd play with our new toys.


since high school my traditions have changed.... o5 christmas day was spent flying to europe, 06 i was in Cancun, 07 i spent christmas eve brunch with my bosses and brad and dion then went to the chrismtas eve service and to the hilsdens, then flew to vancouver on christmas day. This year I spent christmas eve working for the first time in my life and attended the christmas eve service at church. Christmas day I opened presents with the Ken, Aimee, Sarah, Max, Cal, Edna, and grndma nichols(i dont actually now her name), went to rennie and romas for a delicious eggs benny brunch, headed to a movie with amy, and then went to a family gathering for dinner. I managed to see each of my closest friends for christmas festivities!


After going over the last 5 years of christmas' I realize one thing... christmas can be fun no matter where you are as long as you surround yourself with family whether your related or not! So thats my christmas tradition.... people i love.

No comments: