Monday, December 22, 2008

too blessed? thinking out loud.

I have it pretty good. The lord has been very gracious to me despite my many, many, many failings. As you all know I am a nanny. I love my job and i love the kids. I enjoy spending time wiht them and look forward to work everyday. That's just my job. I love my church. I'm actively involved in childrens and young adults ministries, as well as any extra event the church may be putting on, these commitments are never burdens and always enjoyed and usually i find them more a blessing to myself then others. I have made incredible friends with some of the people who also attend, as well as amazing friendships with most on staff. I have people who love me all over canada aswell as europe. I live in one of the nicer areas of edmonton. I have never had to worry about food or a place to live. I have a nice fully loaded(including seat warmers) car. I have a giant wardrobe and well over 40 pairs of shoes. I have fantastic brothers who both found amazing wives.
Like i said i have it good... I almost feel embarassed over how good I have it. Recently my cousin lost her first baby(which was a miracle to begin with). I was asked to be maid of honor in my close friends wedding. unfortunately the wedding has been called off as of saturday and naturally my friend is beyond devestated. Last year my mom left my dad. I look at all these people with such HUGE sorrows and hurts. I can't help but wonder 'when is it my turn?'
Last night i was texting back and fourth with a male friend of mine and i just said all i want to do is cry for these people. My heart breaks for them, but they are not my problems. But i feel their pain. The biggest problem in my life is that i'm single. Pathetic eh? Praise the lord, that's all i've got. I love the lord for giving us compassion for one another. Maybe it's time i start sharing my blessing with others.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

you can never be to blessed! Very belated birthday wished... I too remember awesome times at Christmas with your family... loved the punch! I also broke the punch bowl one year!!!
so happy that all is well and if ever there comes a time that it is not... take it from me , the LORD does not leave your side. Hank & JO are evidence of that!

verna on Jo's blog! he he!