Friday, December 12, 2008

This world

Okay, im not so good at keeping up with the blog. Sorry for those of you who actually check, i'll try to do better.

Last night my cousin Jolene gave birth to Noah Gabriel. Noah is now with jesus and his fantastic great grandma and great grandpa who will all take care of him until his mama and him can be re-united.

Jolene's strength is something i hope i can have one day. This world says no. I have heard so many people say 'why did she keep it?' IT! like it's a thing! A frien this morning said she didn't even want me to tell her what happened with my cousin last night. Are we that cold that we can shut off our ears, therefor shut out tragedies?  Little Noah is a creation of god, he was perfect in gods image. He came here and lucky for him his purpose was completed quickly and he gets more time with jesus. This little boy recieved so much love in his short 9 months he was with us. He was pure joy for Jo. I remember her emailing earlier this year... something along the lines of 'we just found out i will never get pregnant...' and no joke within the month i recieved a second email 'WE'RE PREGNANT!!!' God answered their prayers, he answered her cry, he blessed her with a baby, and he's taken that baby to be with him. I think she was so brave and faithful to say no to the world, and yes to God. Noah had a purpose. He wasn'ta mistake, he was wanted and he was loved by so many! I'm so thankful for the impact he's made in my life, never mind in the life of his mommy and daddy, aunties and uncles, and grandparents! 

My mind is racing with thoughts on how so many christians can be so worldly(myself included) and just think 'it's okay, that law doesn't apply to me', abortion (or as the doctors call it 'early induction'), a friend who thinks it's okay to marry a person who's divorced without biblical grounds. The way i have no problem exaggerating a story, or omitting a crucial point to make the story or myself sound better. The way us north americans think everything that's not okay is okay. We all need a wake up call, we all need to get into our bibles, we all need to memorize his truths, commands and laws and live according to them each and every day. It's time start living as though we are different, instead of just saying it.

Thank you Noah For opening your aunties eyes!

Victoria, you've turned into an amazing young woman, your strength and love for your sister has inspired me so much! I love you like the little sister i never had, i so enjoy our talks on msn and our random texts!

Jolene, my heart breaks for you. I love you so much and have shed countless tears this week for you. You have not been out of my mind for more than half an hour in the past two weeks. Your the strongest person i know and i admire you so much for it.

Verna, you are an amazing Nana! And an amazing mom! I ask god to bless you for being the amazing lady of faith you are!

4 comments:

Agnes said...

You to are an amazing,strong woman. It is beautiful seeing you grow in Christ with such passion.God will give you the right words at the right time for people with unthoughtful comments.

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

WE too have seen how so many people can say such harsh things, I acctually sometimes wonder how people can be so dull minded. I have been & will continue to lift your family up in prayers.
MUCH LOVE,
MARIE
~ELIJAH'S MOMMY~

Verna said...

Aw... sorry for being so behind the ball with checking your blog! you are an inspiration as well! God is so good even in the hard times, do you remember the song Al and his friend sang at Mom's veiwing"the God of the mountains" it is so true the same God we have in the good times is there in the bad times. He has not left us. we ARE ok and will be OK even in the sad times.
I love the image in my mind of my parents having Noah with them

victoria danielle said...

i hardly know what to say..
i love you.