Monday, April 6, 2009

15 degrees celcius

My title is worth a post alone. +15 degrees!!! Winter is over!! PTL!! I just went for a run down the river, up the glenora hill to the ledge, and back home... okay i lied i walked up and down the hills, but i did run the rest of it... okay fine it was more like a jog... but the point is that i was able to go outside and exercise without my lungs screaming at me. Also.. note to self: when the weather is above 10 you don't need to wear a jogging shirt, long sleeved tshirt, a zip hoodie, light jacket and vest. I only made it half way down the street and had to start stripping down.

I decided I'm going to be a runner again. When i lived in Engalnd, I ran from my house in Ashby de la Launde, all the way to Digby almost every other day. I think the only person who reads this that would actually know those places would be Pete... for the rest of you... it was about 11k round trip. It would take me around an hour, and that was straight running with no stopping, with a big hill i'd have to run up and down. Coincidently I also had the best legs of my life at that point. Oh how i miss those legs and look forward to seeing them again this summer!

No comments: